Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wine Press

After visiting Newbury Street, I made a short stop in Brookline on Beacon Street. I first grabbed some Shoku Pan and doughnuts at the Japonaise Cafe & Bakery. Then, I stopped at the Wine Press to check out their selection of wines.

The Wine Press has a decent selection of wines, especially many under $20. They stock many wines rated highly by Robert Parker. They do have a large selection of Spanish wines. I was able to find two bottles of the 2004 El Nido Clio! They also carry several different Sakes. Prices are generally average to high though they usually have plenty of wines discounted. You can get some good bargains there.

I generally stop here anytime I am in the area and usually buy at least a few bottles, especially of Spanish wines. I did see that they carry many of the Spanish wines from the winemakers I recently met at the Acton wine tasting. It is definitely worth checking out this wine store.

Wine Press
1024 Beacon St.
Brookline, MA
Phone: (617) 277-7020

No comments: