Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More on the 2004 Kanonkop Estate Wine Pinotage

Thanks to Peter May of The Pinotage Club for allowing me to post the above picture.

This is a photo of the back of the bottle of 2004 Kanonkop Estate Wine Pinotage in South Africa. If you look at my previous post on this wine, you can see a photo of the back of the bottle sold in the U.S. In comparing the two, you will note that the maturation graph is not included on the U.S. bottle.

Such a graph can be helpful in understanding which wines would benefit from cellaring, and how long they can be optimally stored. I know I still have difficulty determining the optimal times for storage of wines. I think such graphs could be beneficial on a number of wines.

Peter May did raise a good point though that such graphs could also turn off some buyers who won't want to wait to drink their wines.

No comments: