Saturday, September 1, 2007

Porter Square Food Court

I stopped by Porter Square today and visited the small shopping center which is located in the old Sears building. This center contains an Asian food court, a few Japanese related stores and a few other businesses. Construction work is currently going on there and I am unsure what new stores may be coming in.

I stopped at the Japonaise Bakery to get some shoku pan, sliced white bread that is thick, fresh and delicious. It makes superb French toast and great sandwiches. The bakery serves many other delicious baked goods including donuts.

The Blue Fin, a Japanese restaurant that has some excellent sushi, has expanded and seems to be at least double its previous size.

Tampopo, my favorite restaurant there, is still there. It is a great place for inexpensive but delicious Japanese food.

This entire shopping center is highly recommended for foodies. From Kotobukiya, the Japanese grocery store, to Tampopo, there is something for everyone. And most everything is very reasonably priced.

Porter Square Food Court
Intersection of Somerville Ave. and Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that is where I had sushi for the first time ever! I miss Boston/Cambridge/Somerville. (Used to live in Davis Sq.)