Wednesday, October 31, 2007

500th Post

This is my 500th blog post!

A Passionate Foodie will soon, on November 9, have its 6th month anniversary. There have already been over 25,000 hits to the site and its readership continues to grow. I am very pleased with the growth of my blog. It has allowed me to share my passion for food and wine with numerous people. My plans are to continue strong with my blog, posting my further gourmet adventures.

I have also participated in the larger blog communities, especially the wine blogging world. I have met a number of nice bloggers, including a couple in person. There are many good blogs out there. You can find links to those blogs in my Links sections so please check them out.

Since starting this blog, I have also begun writing a newspaper column for the Stoneham Sun, my local newspaper. This is largely a restaurant review column, though it also deals with wine from time to time. The column has been going well and has been fun to write.

I also have continued to run the North Shore Winers, a wine meet-up group. With over 180 members, we have been attending numerous wine functions, from free tastings to educational classes. I have met many very good people through this group. It is free to join and we attend 2-4 events each month.

I certainly keep busy.

I am open to suggestions from my readers as to how I might improve my blog. Are there topics you would like to see me cover? Are there restaurants you would like to see reviewed? Are there types of wines you would like to see covered more? Feel free to add your comments here or email me your thoughts.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me in my endeavors, and thanks to all my readers!

2 comments:

Gabriella Opaz said...

Richard,
I am very proud of what you've accomplished in such a short amount of time. You've been a wine and food blogging champion and we love what you create! If there is one area I would love to see more of in your blog, however, it's your opinion. You share great facts and figures with us, but selfishly, I'd love to hear more from a personal standpoint based on all the great experiences you've had in your life. But that just me ;-)

Richard Auffrey said...

Thank you very much Gabriella! It is always good to hear some appreciation. And I will definitely try to imbue more of my opinions into my posts. I wish the best to you always.