Thursday, October 25, 2007

All Seasons Table

There is a new Asian restaurant in Malden called All Seasons Table so I decided to stop there for lunch and check it out.

It is a medium-sized restaurant and very elegantly decorated with tasteful Asian art. It presents a modern flair but with a sense of tradition. A nice ambience.

They have a full bar with an extensive list of Martinis and Polynesian drinks. What really intrigued me is that carry 8 different chilled Sakes, as well as having two different Sake flights. I chose the Daiginjo flight, 3 glasses of super premium Sake for $15. I very much enjoyed these Sakes. It is so good to find an Asian restaurant with more Sakes than just one brand.

The Lunch menu is quite extensive so there is something for everyone. There was even a menu of special lunches as well. There is Sushi, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Malaysian and Singapore dishes. If anything, you might need extra time to decide what to order. Lunches generally cost $8-12.

We began with some sushi, including maguro (tuna), tamage (sweet omelet), unagi (eel) and sweet potato tempura maki. The sushi certainly seemed fresh, good-sized and was tasty. I certainly had no complaints about it.

I then chose the Sesame Crispy Beef ($8.95). That comes with soup of which I ordered the Miso. You also get a choice of spring roll, crab rangoon or chicken wings. I chose the chicken wings. The soup was good and when the Beef came, it was a large plate of food. Next to a mound of rice were an ample portion of cripsy beef in a slightly sweet, dark sauce. The food seemed fresh and the beef was tasty. The chicken wings were large, meaty and had an interesting coating.

My mother ordered an appetizer combination plate with pork fried rice, chicken fingers, boneless spareribs and fried shrimp. Again, everything seemed very fresh and the portions were good-sized. The rice lacked bean sprouts, which I am glad about. The spareribs were very meaty and had a nice sauce. The chicken fingers were good, though with a tinge more batter than I care for.

Service was very good and the presentation was very nice as well. This is a step up from the usual Asian restaurants. I will definitely return as there are many other dishes I would like to try. I recommend that you check it out.

All Seasons Table
64 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA
Phone: (781) 397-8188

No comments: