Thursday, May 6, 2010

Walla Walla in June: Wine Bloggers' Conference

Tomorrow, I'll be in New York, in the Finger Lakes region, to attend TasteCamp East 2010. This is a small wine bloggers' conference, held on the east coast, and it will be lots of fun. Plenty of wine, good food, and great people. And as I prepare for this trip, I received some good news concerning another bloggers' conference.

Thanks to the generosity of numerous donors, I was awarded a scholarship to attend the 2010 Wine Bloggers' Conference in Walla Walla, Washington. This is the third year for this conference, and about 300 wine bloggers and wine industry representatives will be there for this three-day event. The Agenda is quite full, including winery visits, large wine tastings, breakout sessions and a keynote speech by Steve Heimoff, a writer and editor for Wine Enthusiast magazine.

I will also have the opportunity to meet so many bloggers that I have only previously spoke with online, as well as meet up again with others I have not seen in some time. That is one of the best aspects of this conference, the networking and social elements. It helps unify the community, despite all of our differences. It brings together people from all over the world.

So, you'll soon be hearing all about my weekend journey to the Finger Lakes. Then in June, I will be attending John Gauntner's 5th Stateside Saké Professional Course in San Francisco. Directly after that, I will travel to Walla Walla and the Wine Bloggers' Conference.

It is going to be a very exciting next couple months.

1 comment:

Reno said...

We will see you in Walla Walla for the Wine Bloggers Conference! You might want to consider adding the 2010 International Food Bloggers Conference http://www.foodista.com/ifbc2010/ to your travels for this summer. Pairing travel with wine and food is just so much fun!